Lume is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This position is for our Douglasville, GA or Lehi, UT office
At Lume we make the cloud less complex for our customers. We provide Private Cloud, Data Center, and Hybrid Infrastructure solutions to customers globally through what we call Cloud Anyware ™. We operate a global network and data center footprint to provide solutions for companies that need help moving to the cloud or improving their existing cloud deployments. At Lume, employees enjoy a fun, positive environment that emphasizes learning, teamwork, and problem solving.
- Competitive Salary plus home internet, and cell phone reimbursement
- Medical benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life
- Unlimited PTO
- On-Call compensation
- Technical certificate reimbursement
- Provide positive customer interactions and demonstrate the highest possible level of service
- Primary customer contact for incoming technical service issues
- Taking ownership of customer issues via telephone, email, and ticket requests
- Research, diagnose, and troubleshoot solutions to client and system issues
- Evaluate and escalate customer issues and request assistance as appropriate
- Serve as primary contact for after-hours “on call” support on a rotating basis
- Occasionally provide on premise support of client infrastructure
- Ability to communicate with other teams and work together to solve complex problems
- Follow standard procedures and properly log, and document client resolution and knowledge gained from support efforts
- Proven work experience in the support field
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of Microsoft Server operating systems, and CentOS and related distributions
- Network experience including LAN switching and basic wan / telecom connectivity
- Willingness to learn new software and tools, and work with limited supervision
- Application knowledge, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange, IIS/Apache, etc.
- Ability to provide step by step technical help both written and oral as well as creating related documentation for internal and client facing use
- Experience with virtualization, primarily VMware. Ability to troubleshoot virtual machines, deploy from templates, cloning, customizations, and network/SAN related infrastructure in VMware.
- Ability to travel to customer sites installations and data centers for new deployments, maintenance, and on-going support
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Prioritizing and managing workflow and support requests
- Able to work independently and collaboratively to provide excellent client service in demanding, SLA (Service Level Agreement) driven situations.
- Experience and creativity in troubleshooting complex software/hardware/process problems while under pressure
- Capability to analyze, identify, document, and communicate corrective actions to clients and internal team