Lume unburdens the complexities of technology through hybrid cloud, infrastructure and technology solutions for companies that need help getting to the cloud or improving their cloud strategy. We hire people that are a strong fit with our company values.
Salt Lake City, Utah
This position is an incredible opportunity to lead our growing team in current and future network architecture design and engineering efforts in delivering and maintaining critical infrastructure services and advanced technology solutions at our various data center, client and corporate locations.
As the Lead Network Engineer, you will help instill and adhere to industry standards and best practices. You will take ownership of designing, managing, monitoring and supporting service provider network infrastructure and service offerings. You will be expected to be the point of escalation for all internal and external problem and incident management situations involving networking and connectivity and work effectively under pressure in mission critical situations. This position will work with cross-functional project teams to aid in service delivery and support of solutions. You will also participate in interfacing directly with clients in support of other departments and personnel.
This position will be based in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. Occasional travel will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Design, implement, manage, monitor and maintain scalable, resilient and secure network systems using technologies and platforms from diverse vendors within virtualized, converged and cloud infrastructures, including the likes of VMWare, Azure, GPC and
- Oversee, manage and support multiple large data center, public cloud, and on- premise enterprise network implementation, upgrade and expansion
- Provide strong and flexible technical leadership and knowledge regarding daily network operations, carrier connectivity, and advanced routing/switching in a fast-paced and geographically diverse service provider
- Gather, assess and analyze requirements, develop recommendations, implement and support technologies that best meet business and client
- Create and execute migrations and upgrades of legacy systems while minimizing risk and impact to confidentiality, availability and
- Perform efficient and effective troubleshooting of difficult problems, recommend proper actions and implement change according to approved policy, procedure and industry best
- Communicate effectively and facilitate escalation and resolution of issues with other departments and
- Driven to create, improve, maintain, and update network architecture, policies, standards, procedures, diagrams and
- Review and recommend network, security and system architecture and operational deliverables for other departments and business
- Contribute, cooperate and participate in information gathering, reviews, and audits for internal and external security and compliance activities as
- Provide internal technical leadership and assistance to network engineers in troubleshooting, incident response, issue resolution and risk
- Mentor engineers and new
- Learn new skills and maintain existing ones through independent research, informal and formal training, and industry
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies and service offerings as they relate to this
- Participate in pre-sales engineering activities to scope and validate networking solutions with Lume personnel and
- Design, implement, and maintain automation goals and initiatives as directed by business and client
- Participate in disaster recovery initiatives and business continuity as directed by business and client
- Perform network project and task management using designated
- Engage in cost controls, manage network budgeting, and equipment procurement and cost
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support
- Perform others responsibilities as directed by
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent education or work experience.
- A minimum of 6 years direct hands-on experience designing and operating complex and resilient network architectures and connectivity solutions with Cisco, Arista and other network
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with designing, implementing, supporting, and managing virtual networking in VMware, and public cloud infrastructure such as AWS,
- A minimum of 6 years direct hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Layer 3 routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, ECMP, BGP).
- A minimum of 6 years direct hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Layer 2 technologies (e.g., STP, RSTP, PVST, VLANs, Trunking, LACP, MLAG, VPC).
- A minimum 6 years of experience using various network monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis tools (e.g., SNMP, NetFlow, sFlow, tcpdump, Wireshark, Nagios, PRTG).
- A minimum 4 years of experience configuring, deploying and managing other network-based technologies (e.g., wireless, DNS, HSRP, VRFs, VXLAN, MPLS).
- A minimum 4 years of experience with local and wide area network security technologies (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, NAT, VPN, IPS, content filtering, DLP, MFA, IAM, SSL/TLS, Encryption).
- Solid understanding of cloud infrastructure and service models, architectures and networking capabilities and disposition of defining and testing new network technologies, methods and approaches to enable services and
- Demonstrate responsibility, understanding, and experience of mission critical infrastructure both in the data center and on
- Set yourself apart with network centric scripting and programing experience (e.g., Perl, Python, APIs, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform).
- Technical network and security certifications (e.g., CCNP, CCDP, ACE, Network+, Security+, CEH).
- Effectively delegate
- Demonstrate initiative, judgement and time management
- Show precision in work and attention to
- Strong interpersonal and written communication
- Capability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Commitment to internal and external customer