Lume is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our growing team. The network operations team is primarily responsible for the design and planning, implementation, and support within our data centers, corporate offices, and customer locations. The infrastructure and technologies supported by the network operations team, including the Network Engineer position, encompass: Cisco/Arista Technology, LAN/WAN, switching/routing, VPNs, virtualized networking, and security. Other responsibilities of this team includes areas of disaster recovery, IP space management, network monitoring, diagnostics, security analysis, compliance and reporting.
Specific duties of this position include design, implementation, documentation, and on-going support of network infrastructure for corporate, and customer needs. As a Network Engineer with Lume you will adhere to industry standards and policies that support our data center’s infrastructure and operations, and be able to quickly adapt to a fast growing network. You will represent the department in cross-department project teams, become an active participant in monitoring, managing and supporting the network infrastructure, take part in “on call” rotation, and perform work during maintenance windows outside of normal business hours. You will also be expected to handle stressful situations, as well as being able to interface directly with clients for sales engineering, design/implementation, and support, Occasional travel will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You will lead various projects and tasks performed by the network operations team
- You will provide ongoing maintenance for LAN/WAN hardware/software, appliances, and vendor coordination
- You will create and maintain documentation of guidelines and standards for specific technologies
- You will participate in project work and problem solving related to the data center’s network topology
- You will have the opportunity to remain current on new hardware and software developments, evaluating alternative approaches and recommending new hardware/software modifications which will enhance the network services
- You will maintain and update network diagram and documentation
- You will perform configuration backups and change management duties
- You will assist with firmware testing, planning, and roll-out
- You will be responsible for asset tracking, including IP space, hardware, and contracts
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study
- 3 to 5+ years of experience administering LAN/WAN technologies.
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting LAN Switching equipment and security devices, such as the Cisco ASA
- Experience with the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, and SNMP
- Hands on experience with IP subnetting, Telnet/SSH Clients, Terminal Server Remote Access, VoIP and MPLS technologies, and Cisco network software (IOS)
- Experience configuring and diagnosing issues with Site to Site and Remote Access VPNs
- Experience with routing/routable protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP, and other IP protocols
- Working knowledge of F5 and similar load balancers (HAProxy/NGINX)
- Experience setting up and using network management and analytics tools, network tapping, and protocol analysis (Wireshark, etc.)
- Experience using monitoring tools based off of netflow and SNMP
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools
- Experienced with GRE tunneling and encryption
- Working with third-party vendors
- Experience with system and network administration in a virtualized environment (VMware/KVM/Xen)
- Knowledge and experience in supporting large scale VoIP Systems over LAN/WAN topologies and Quality of Service (QoS) concepts
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong team building, consulting, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate ability to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget, and with the required functionality
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux operating systems in a physical virtualized environment
- Cisco CCNP or higher certification
- Programming and scripting
- Firewall, IDS and IPS technologies
- Experience With: Paessler, Solarwinds, DynDNS, Device 42, WireShark, etc.