“Shut up and take my money. Please!”
Companies are embracing the cloud. And we don’t mean that they are taking the technology seriously or getting going on adoption. PricewaterhouseCoopers found that today’s businesses are using the cloud to drive agility and digital transformation. Very simply, organizations are making the cloud a critical part of their ability to achieve their core goals. If you want to create a connected enterprise, you increasingly need cloud services.
The problem is, businesses can’t seem to get their hands on the cloud technologies they want, even though they are willing to pay for them.
What Do Businesses Want From The Cloud?
There’s a lot of hype surrounding different cloud solutions, with various technologies and platforms regularly moving into and out of news cycles. But what are businesses actually looking for? Well, a recent 451 Research study exploring what different companies focus on in their cloud plans shed some light on priorities. The study found that:
- Approximately 48.7 percent of businesses are willing to pay extra for security guarantees to go along with a cloud service
- Just over 43 percent of companies would pay extra to higher levels of guaranteed uptime and performance
- Almost 34 percent of those polled would spend more than normal for enhanced customer service and support
Managed services are also in demand, with 26.4 percent of respondents willing to pay extra for those enhancements, and only 24 percent of companies involved in the survey wouldn’t be interested in enhanced cloud services.
Perhaps even more interesting than the fact that companies are willing to spend extra for various cloud services is the amount they are up for spending. On average, businesses are willing to spend 30 percent more than normal on their cloud systems to get enhanced solutions.
Here’s the Problem
So this sounds great, right? Cloud providers want to differentiate themselves by creating robust service models that improve cloud security, manageability, and performance. Businesses want better cloud services that help them get ahead of competitors in the marketplace. But, there’s a catch – most cloud providers aren’t giving clients the types of services they want.
Almost 60 percent of those polled by 451 Research said they want managed cloud services, security solutions and core infrastructure and application packages all bundled together in the cloud. Just 38.8 percent of respondents said those types of solutions are available from the vendors they work with. Similarly, approximately 43 percent said they want to be able to migrate data workloads from between multiple data centers, including facilities out of the vendor ecosystem, but less than 20 percent of those polled said such services are available.
It’s Time for Better Clouds
As businesses become more dependent on cloud services to meet a wide range of operational demands, they need cloud services that can keep up with their demands. Lume is setting itself apart from the cloud service provider pack by combining its robust data center services with sophisticated managed cloud services to give clients an edge. We offer:
- A full suite of managed services that alleviate cloud overhead
- A powerful network foundation to offer high levels of performance and availability
- A geographically-diverse data center footprint that allows us to offer redundancy in a cost-efficient package
- A customer-friendly approach to service-level agreements that allows us to become a valued partner, not simply a technology provider
- A commitment to technical excellence that allows us to continually approve our service offerings and capabilities
In today’s competitive marketplace where many clouds have become a commodity, companies don’t simply need a few apps and services to staple onto their existing IT configurations. They need solutions to bring together hybrid IT environments while offering the security and performance needed to minimize the risk that comes with digital transformation. Lume is leading the way in offering the enhanced clouds businesses need.
Leave a Comment